I designed these beautiful cards for Ellen, who was planning on using to write thank you cards for her recent baby shower. They’d be great as Thank You’s, Baby Stationery, Social Stationery, or ‘just because’ cards. The hand-lined envelopes are perfect for that pop of unexpected color on the inside. We loved our afternoon assembling them – HERE.
I’ve had a really bad craving for some really bad food lately. Here is my latest indulgence, which I made this weekend for an out-of-town family reunion. I got lots of compliments and it was an easy no-bake recipie that everyone loved!
Chocolate – Peanut Butter – Pretzel Balls
Ingredients for about 50 balls
3 C Pretzels
1 C creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp butter, softened
4 Tbsp light brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
6 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. crush pretzels. I threw them in a baggie and danced around the kitchen though you probably could use a food processor just as easily with similar results. 🙂
2. Combine the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and salt.
3. Blend it all together until smooth and no lumps (unlike this photo).
5. Roll the mixture into a ball with a diameter of about 3/4 inch. Place the balls evenly on the chilling tray lined with wax paper. This part gets sticky! Either add powdered sugar or cool your hands with cold water to continue rolling.
6. Chill in the refridgerator for at least 30 minutes.
7. After they have chilled, prepare the chocolate. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a small bowl for 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir. If they aren’t melted, continue to zap in the microwave on 10 second blasts and stir until the chocolate is smooth.
8. One by one roll the balls in the chocolate with a fork for even coating.
9. Place them evenly on the chilling tray and return to the fridge for another 30 minutes.